When it comes to changing the look of your smile, there are different types of dental treatment options. The dentist will examine and find out the appropriate treatment for the dental issue you have. There is a popular option to enhance the whole look of your smile, i.e., dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shell-like porcelain translucent laminates that are bonded onto the natural teeth to enhance the whole structure of the teeth. They aren’t just used for cosmetic purpose but are also used for the following purposes:
- Replace composite bonding
- Fix crowding issues
- Improve the shape of the teeth
- Lengthen small or misshapen teeth
- Whiten too discolored teeth
- Fill gaps between teeth
- Cover chipped or worn teeth
What is the procedure involved?
It usually takes about two appointments to bond veneers to the teeth. During the first appointment, we will conduct a thorough examination to check for any underlying gum disease or other oral health issues. After the checkup, we will shape and roughen your teeth to place the bonding agent. Our dentist will take impressions of the natural teeth to create customized veneers.
When the veneers get ready, you will have to come for another appointment, where we will polish and clean your teeth. Our dentist will then apply an adhesive and adhere the customized veneers to your teeth. We will use a high-intensity light to harden the adhesive. This will help veneers stay secure in their place.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
The benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- A minimally invasive treatment option
- The shorter recovery time period
- Resolve multiple dental issues
- Look natural
- Fix minor imperfections in your teeth
How can you care for veneers?
You can care for veneers by following the steps below:
- Follow proper dental care routine
- Brush twice and floss once a day
- Wear a mouthguard while involved in active sports
- Do not open a bottle or tear a packet using your teeth
- Address oral problems like teeth-grinding instantly
To learn more about dental veneers, call us at (662) 234-5725 or schedule an appointment with our dentist today.