Dental disease is one of the common reasons children miss school worldwide. However, the truth is that it is almost entirely avoidable with proper dental care and regular dental check-ups at the dentist.
Pediatric dentistry specializes in offering primary and complete preventive and therapeutic oral health care for children. Dental treatment by pediatric dentists deals with various dental concerns in infants, children, and adolescents. Pediatric dentists also educate patients and their parents about the importance of oral health and preventative oral health care in children.
Our pediatric dentists understand that providing dental treatment to children demands special effort and a unique approach. With our friendly and compassionate approach, we always try to ensure that children feel comfortable when they visit us for treatment.
What kinds of services are provided by our pediatric dentist?
- Routine Check-Ups: At our dental office, we conduct regular dental check-ups of a child. This typically involves professional teeth cleaning to remove the accumulated tartar and plaque on the teeth. Our pediatric dentist tries to ensure that your child's teeth and gums develop normally and properly. In case we find any issues, they are treated immediately.
- Braces: If your teenage child has misaligned teeth, our pediatric dentists offer orthodontic services such as braces to help correct them.
- Fillings: The most common dental issues that children face are tooth decay and cavities. If the decayed teeth are left untreated, they may lead to severe pain as well as infections. Our pediatric dentist has the expertise to fill those cavities using dental fillings, causing the least possible discomfort for a child to restore the teeth to their regular function.
- Sealants: Sealants are a fast and easy way to keep the cavities from developing and spreading on a child's teeth. A sealant is a thin coating that the dentist applies on the teeth' chewing surface. They offer an excellent preventive solution by preventing 80% of cavities in the molars.
- Fluoride Treatments:Another preventive measure that can help to prevent cavities, fluoride, is applied to every tooth's top and sides using a small brush.
- Nutrition Guidance:Our pediatric dentist will guide you on developing a nutritious diet plan for your child that will support the development of solid and healthy teeth.
- Monitoring the growth of teeth:To have a well-aligned smile during adulthood, it is important to properly monitor the falling off of baby teeth and the eruption of permanent ones. Our pediatric dentists, during your child's regular dental exams, will look into this and make sure your child's teeth grow properly as expected.
You may schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts by calling us or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.