How Smiling Can Affect Your Overall Wellness
Posted by Dawkins Family Dental on Mar 17 2022, 03:49 AM
A smile is a technique of expressing happiness and a friendly mood. It can elevate and lift a person's mood as well as the person who sees it. Did you know a smile can boost your overall wellness too?
What Do Smiles Say About You?
Maintaining a smile helps to promote a better quality of life. It allows you to express to others that:
- You are self-confident: When your teeth are healthy, you find it easier to smile and you appear to be confident to other people. Healthy teeth promote positive feelings and allow you to talk freely without fear of embarrassment.
- You are passionate about your oral health:A healthy smile demonstrates that a person practices proper oral hygiene regularly.
- You are a happy person: A beautiful smile conveys that you are a positive person and allows others to speak to you without hesitation.
How Oral Wellness Impact Smile
Oral wellness has an impact on the general health of a person. Oral wellness helps promote total wellness! Missing teeth, bleeding gums, and foul breath may all have a negative effect on one's well-being.
A healthy smile goes beyond physical appearance. Ignoring oral health concerns such as gum disease can damage the jawbone structure and tissues that hold teeth in place.
Tips to Maintain Oral Health
- Drink plenty of water: Saliva is composed of water. Make an effort to remain hydrated. Water aids in cleaning the mouth and in the treatment of disorders such as gingivitis.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day:Brush and floss your teeth twice a day. This helps prevent bacterial growth in the mouth.
- Live a healthier lifestyle: A diet high in green leafy vegetables and fiber-rich fruits aids to maintain healthy teeth. It is better to reduce sugary foods and fizzy beverages.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste:Bacteria can cause tooth demineralization. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that helps to retain minerals and maintain the health of your teeth.
Dawkins Family Dental for You
For routine preventive care, it's vital to choose a dentist who will provide attentive care to support your long-term oral and overall health.
We encourage you to discover ways to achieve a healthy smile. It is natural to be conscious of missing teeth, tooth discoloration, or excess gums when you smile. For comprehensive dental care, visit Dawkins Family Dental at 440 N Lamar Blvd, Oxford, MS 38655. Call us at (662) 234-5725 for appointments.